t1blog1

-- ujean. on 7:41 PM

Second day of high school... I was a bit nervous at first, knowing the whole day would be full of Middle Years classes, but relieved for remembering my gym strip for badminton tryouts. I was right about Middle Years classes though, because seeing all the homework during the first class (Applied Skills) really scared me :P. Good thing my friends were there to assure me there was a whole weekend to work on it. Also, I was reminded of all the "great fun" I had in elementary school with the "get set" program by the "get go" program, making me very excited for the end of school already. Although I really would've liked to get the good side of all my teachers, I was still a little shy so i didn't really say much, other than "umm there's someone at the door". I enjoyed reading some interesting quotes on some construction paper pasted to our right while I multi-tasked with listening to Mr. Olson (and hopefully I don't lose marks for admitting that), but I eventually decided to pay full attention to him for it was rather fun listening to Mr. Olson talk. After that, I went to science, and while we waited outside the door, I disgusted my friends by showing them live animals and critters preserved in jars. I actually disgusted myself once again during the process, and I confirmed my decision of the attendance of dissection club. When I entered the classroom, I was surprised that the teacher was female, because I was anticipating for a male from my instincts of last names. MS. Smedley gave us the normal talk we received in other classes, and gave us a student profile sheet to fill out, with a special square for us to draw our self portraits in (in which I am deciding to draw a pig). Lunchtime was not especially interesting, other than the fact we taught our friend how to close the lock to our locker, which failed until we decided to show her. English was fun, for we could use our imagination to describe ourselves in some very interesting words in a sheet of paper where we would write our names and an adjective starting with each letter of our name to describe ourselves (the activity probably has a name but I don't know of it). Ms. Greskiw also showed us some interesting "dress up" pictures of students in the past. We got lost going to Social Studies, but it was fun running around the hallway looking for the classroom anyway. Our class got a chance to get up and get to know each other with an activity to match names with descriptions such as "can juggle" or "can say hello or goodbye in 4 different languages". After school, I went to the badminton tryouts, and after a few badminton-free months, I feel safe to say that I did terribly badly in the beginning. What was nice was I got to say a few friendly words with a guy who I used to be horrible enemies with 4 years ago. When I got home, I looked at my agenda and realised that the homework load wasn't actually that bad, relieving a great deal of stress that I had in the morning. I plan to do all my computer-involved work first, then the work done by hand, then the tedious action of practising the violin which I very much wish to skip. Unfortunately that whim is not possible to be satisfied. Overall, I had a very nice day, making some new friends and handling some partially welcome and partially unwelcome stress as well.

0 comments: